Welcome to Vietnam Bird News

Bird news from Vietnam, from Vietnam's resident and visiting birders.

5 April 2011

Tam Dao Bear Center, 05-04-11

Hi all,

Quite some movement at the moment with lots of Phylloscs putting in an apperance (majority being Y-browed and Eastern Crowned) as well as Drongos (Ashy, Spangled).

Other birds of note today,
- 1 Dollarbird
- 2 White-breasted Kingfishers
- 1 Striated Grassbird (addition to the TD bird list!)
- 5 Pale-footed Bush Warblers
- 1 Manchurian Bush Warbler
- 1 Chestnut Bunting
- 2 Collared Scops Owls + 1 Brown Hawk Owl seen well last night (owls generally very active now)

Not bad at all!
Cheers
Falk

3 comments:

  1. Great birds Falk!

    Striated Grassbird is something I've never seen in VN...

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon

    About 6 months ago I photographed what I thought was a Rufous Rumped Grassbird, down on the red RR behind my house. (There was no Striated Grassbird in my copy of Robson). Now I have Googled images I am not so sure. Will Email you a copy of the images for confirmation.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wayne,

    A Striated Grassbird in Tam Dao is a really good bird - a Rufous-rumped Grassbird would be a MEGA, so to speak. Certainly not impossible, though. Very looking forward to seeing your pics!

    Cheers
    Falk

    ReplyDelete