Welcome to Vietnam Bird News

Bird news from Vietnam, from Vietnam's resident and visiting birders.

2 November 2011

Spoon-billed Sandpiper at Can Gio / 02-11-2011

Hi all,

Jonathan Eames and I found a Spoon-billed Sandpiper feeding among the Red-necked Stints on the salt pans down at Can Gio yesterday afternoon. Not sure if this is first record from Can Gio but it is certainly the first time we have recorded the species there on our regular visits. Photos by Jonathan.

Cheers,

Richard Craik





4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great,thanks for sharing Richard ! Sometimes we feel a little bit alone in the North ;)
    Sebastien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, apologies, I am afraid I am not a very active contributor but I always enjoy checking out the great photos and reports from you guys in Hanoi. I have to admit to feeling more than a little envious on occasions though when I read reports of Black Storks and Pale Thrushes when I am stuck behind my desk here in Saigon. Keep up the great work! Cheers, Richard

    ReplyDelete