This morning proved to be quite successful with a good variety of interesting species - spring has obviously arrived.
Most notable birds were:
- 5-10 Little Buntings
- at least 3 Black-faced Buntings
- around 30 Grey-capped Greenfinches
- 5-10 Citrine Wagtails
- many Red-throated and Olive-backed Pipits
- couple of Bluethroats
- around 5 Stonechats
- 2 Scaly Thrushes
- ca. 5 Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher
- 1 female Grey Bushchat
- 1 Thick-billed Warbler
- 1 Yellow-legged Buttonquail
- a flock of around 25 Oriental Turtle Doves
- a few Red Collared Doves
- 1 Common Buzzard
- Common Kestrel, Black-shouldered Kite and Pied Harrier (both male and female)
- Wood and Common Sandpipers, Little Ringed Plovers
- Little Grebe
Plus one mysterious songster in the little woodland which could have been a White-bellied Redstart (or a good mimicker)!
Simon and Falk
I (Sebastien) add some pics taken the same day, same place, but during the afternoon...