Welcome to Vietnam Bird News

Bird news from Vietnam, from Vietnam's resident and visiting birders.

20 February 2011

Scaly & Grey-backed Thrushes at Botanical Gardens

After a slow and damp start, all the usual suspects came out to play. Just before I left, some movement caught my eye. It was a pretty friendly Scaly Thrush that slowly made its way towards me as I hid behind a tree. After a while, the Grey-Backed Thrush flew out of a tree to join it. It was a nice end to the morning!
Wayne

Scaly Thrush



Grey-Backed Thrush

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos Wayne!

    It seems like there's quite a bit of thrush movement now, that Scaly Thrush is new in and so is the Grey-backed - last weeks bird was a female.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous snaps. I had one of each of these at Cuc Phuong this morning Feb. 24 and yesterday, but no Pale Thrushes...

    ReplyDelete