Welcome to Vietnam Bird News

Bird news from Vietnam, from Vietnam's resident and visiting birders.

13 January 2011

Adrenaline rush at noon

Hi all,

Today, another noon bash along the banks of the Red river, same area than last Sunday.

Birding was a bit slow first with just Green and Common Sandpipers but then got more interesting with a male Bluethroat and a Citrine Wagtail.

Arrived at the extremity south of the area, I noticed some waders. I got my bins on them and was astonished to discover, one after the other, 1, 2, 3, 4 and finally 5 Long-billed Plovers !!! I said to myself : “Hey, what’s going on here? Am I dreaming?”.
Simon came after work and counted… 6 birds!
New shots of the beasts:





Short video (settings 480p please)


1 comment:

  1. Saturday 15th, the 6 Long-billed still there but seems to have moved a little. At the extremity south of the area, scan the left banks on the other side of the river. A little bit far, so need a scope.
    Another solution is to find your way across the island and reach this place.
    Cheers,
    Sebastien

    ReplyDelete