Welcome to Vietnam Bird News

Bird news from Vietnam, from Vietnam's resident and visiting birders.

9 September 2011

Hanoi: Thursday 8 September

Interesting around work today with lots of birds moving around in the 30 minutes I had for lunch (tiny red bird overhead with constant fast wingbeats and very small tail, larger pale brown bird with longer tail, pointy wings in flight, rapid wingbeat then rest creating an undulated flight....my thought was a Scaly Thrush but I have no evidence to back that up).

I found a white (or possibly albino) Java Sparrrow sheltering behind the gym during a thunderstorm (dont ask what I was doing there). My thoughts are that it is an escapee.

Also a strange looking Brown Shrike that I hoped might have been a Bull-headed Shrike (brownish eye stripe, shortish wing, strongish beak). Unfortunately no, a Brown shrike, probable ssp cristatus.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment