A relatively productive weekend in Cuc Phuong produced the following species, amongst others:
- Eared Pitta (Loop Trail, heard only)
- Bar-bellied Pitta (1 heard, Loop Trail; 1 crossing the road between Bong and HQ)
- Malayan Night Heron (at least 2 seen well on Saturday morning along the road around "Early Man Cave", and again 2 ind. on Sunday)
- Maroon Oriole (Valley Trail)
- Silver-breasted Broadbill (Loop Trail)
plus good views of Red-headed Trogons, Rufous-throated Fulvettas, Grey-throated Babblers, Dollarbirds, Sultan Tit, Limestone Wren Babbler, Hainan Blue Flycatcher and White-tailed Flycatcher.
Van Long was a treat as usual, with excellent views of Delacour's Langurs. Avian delights included, Black Bittern, Cinnamon Bittern, Yellow Bittern, White-browed Crake, Pheasant-tailed Jacana, as well as a few White-shouldered Starlings.
Stephan, Daniel, Falk